brut.alll started the Googlecode project for Apktool in January 2010, with the first release being published on Googlecode in March of 2010. Googlecode became the home for Apktool from then until March 2015 when Googlecode announced a shutdown of the service.
After already losing the ability to upload files years ago, it was obvious Googlecode was loosing to popular alternatives such as Github and Bitbucket.
Since Apktool already had a mirror of GIT at Github, we choose to move there.
Stats from Googlecode
- 36 releases released on Googlecode from
- 3,002 stars before move to Github
- 112MB Git repository size
- 1159MB in uploaded apks
- 783 reported bugs
- 16 wiki documents
- 126 commits to the wiki
- 861 commits to the tool
- 53 project clones
- 1,274,207 unique hits from (Nov 15 2014 -> March 16 2015)
- 7,385,601 pageviews from (Nov 15 2014 -> March 16 2015)
- 2 revision control changes (
- 2 build system changes (
- 1,526,451 downloads for
- 4,393,639 total downloads of all archives
- ~5.99TB of transferred bandwidth via all archives